Saturday, February 25, 2012

Family Update

It has been a long time since I have blogged, but I figured its about time. There are so many new things going on in our lives right now. I'll start with the boys first...

Ethan and Eli
The boys are growing up so fast this momma cant hardly stand it. But the stage they are in right now is so much fun. Tony and I are having a blast with the twins. They are crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything. They are learning how to fall pretty well, but we still have battle wounds everyday. Its funny how at this young age they are already learning how to read me. When they fall and it really doesn't hurt them they will look at me to see if I was watching and kinda give me a whine. Ill look at them and say your ok and sometimes thats enough for them and sometimes they wont stop whining till I pick them up. They are very smart. They have figured out how to open our entertainment doors which has been a challenge. They are at the stage where they are learning right from wrong. They know what it means when momma or daddy says no, if they mind or not that is the question. Eli has gotten pretty good at minding and listens to momma and daddy pretty well. Ethan, well we may need to try a different tactic with him.

The boys do everything together! Where ever one crawls the other one follows, whichever item one pulls up on the other pulls up on as well. Whatever toy one has the other one wants. They fight with each other and love on each other. It is so fun to watch them interact. I think they are a lot more daring because they have someone else to be daring with. Which I have a feeling will only get worse for this momma and daddy has they get older. They are so much a like but so different at the same time. Both boys have totally different personalities! Eli is into everything. He is usually the first to do something. he has always been just a few steps ahead of Ethan, but Ethan is never to far behind and he catches up really fast. Eli loves to love on his momma and give her lots of kisses and hugs! He also wants to eat everything on my plate, I let him try many things but there are some I say, "You will just have to wait!" Ethan loves on his momma but not as much as Eli. He has become more independent from his momma, but when he is in a loving mood he is so sweet!

The boys both have their bottom two teeth and have cut their top two teeth. They are loving trying new foods and I love giving them new foods. We will soon be trying non pureed foods like avocados, peaches, graham crackers, banana's, sweet potatoes, and so much more. They love to eat and I have never had troubles feeding them their food they have always gobbled it up. Unfortunately they are still not gaining enough weight. We just went to their 9 month check up and they hit a plateau where they aren't growing as fast as they were. The doctor suggested that we need to add more calories to their diet. They were in the 3rd and 5th percentile for height and weight, but we are getting there! Eli weighed 16.7 and Ethan weighed 16.6 pounds. Eli was 26 inches and a quarter and Ethan was 26 inches and a half. Its so crazy how they are basically the same size!! It must be an identical twin thing! They are still saying momma, daddy, and bubba. We are working on other words like grandpa, grandma, nana, papa, aunt, uncle, dog, cat. Im sure it wont be long! Eli is showing lots of interest in walking and standing by himself which is so exciting! Ethan wont be to far behind as I said before he catches up really fast! They are so much fun right now as they are just full of laughs, smiles, and love! We just cant get enough of those sweet boys!

Tony and Me
We are so excited and anxious because we will be moving into our new home in less than two weeks!!! The packing is slowly coming along but Im sure it will pick up real fast. It is a beautiful, historical home with lots of character that sits on an acre! It has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths and a hugh living room and kitchen! We couldn't be more excited and ready to be there! We are all outgrowing our little duplex! Tony is loving his job and doing a great job! I knew he would because he is such a hard worker and I am so blessed to have him in my life! I have decided to go into real estate! Our realtor told me that I really needed to get into real estate and that she would train me and teach me everything I needed to know! She has been doing this for a very long time and has great reputation so I couldn't be more thrilled. This job will give me the flexibility I so desperately want! I will still get to spend so much time with the boys and when Ill be working they get to stay with their grandma! There are so many exciting things going on in the Romero family we are just loving life and enjoying family. Thank you to everyone who love and support us we are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. The boys are growing so fast!! We are so blessed with what God has given us :) Love u!!

    ReplyDelete