Friday, August 12, 2011

Doctors Appointment!

The boys went for their "2 month" check up today. I say 2 months because they will actually be 3 months come Wednesday, but because they are premature we use their gestational age. The appointment went great! We really liked their doctor, he was very helpful and answered ALL my many questions! 

Everyone's predictions of the boys weight was wrong. Eli weighs 11 lbs and Ethan weighs 11 lbs 5 oz! Mommy knew they weren't as big as everyone thought they were haha. The doctor said that the boys are progressing great especially for premature babies! He also told us that the boys didn't need to be on Neosure formula anymore! Neosure is formula used for premature babies, but because they are growing so well we are now on Enfamil Newborn! 

Eli unfortunately has his mommas skin, VERY sensitive. We have discovered that he breaks out when he comes in contact with any perfumes and certain lotions. We also have to wash all his clothes and baby things in All baby detergent as well as our clothing. Ethan doesn't seem to have the same sensitive skin. They may share everything else but thats one way they differ! 

Today was very difficult for Tony and I the boys had to have three shots each! AHH! It was very scary and I almost cried. The nurse said its always worse on the parents than the kids. Now I understand why my mom would send us with our Mimi to get our shots! They seem to be doing very well, I'm just monitoring them to make sure they don't get a fever. 

We go back in 6-8 weeks for their next check up! I still cant believe that Ethan and Eli are almost 3 months!! They have been such a blessing and I never knew I could love to little babies as much as I love them. I've had several people ask me recently what its like being a mom of twins and if its hard. Well my response is, "I have my challenges, but its the most fun!" Having twins is one of the greatest experiences. I feel so blessed that God decided to give Tony and I two precious, amazing, handsome, and perfect twin     boys!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment